Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Loving the Routine

The excitement of the holidays with all the secrets, gifts, meals, parties, and games is over. Now I am back to the routine of heading to work, sending Andrew back to school....I find myself relishing the thought of routine. I thoroughly enjoyed my vacation, but there is something about getting back to the routine that is fresh and new as I venture into 2009!

When I consider the news about the world conflicts and economics, I can easily feel overwhelmed. But somehow I keep hearing the voice of the Master saying, "Peace, be still!" Whatever may lie ahead during 2009, it is always reassuring to know that the Prince of Peace will be right there with me. Nothing takes Him by surprise!

Grant unto me your servant:
To my God--a heart of flame
To my fellow men--a heart of love
To myself--a heart of steal.
--Augustine (adapted)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeane,
Bonjour! Ki jan ou ye?
I was so excited to see you blog. Boy, that brought back some old - but good memories. I don't have a blog but use my sisters all the time. I didn't know you had Andrew. My sister has an Andrew too.
I have a lot more to say but will quit for now.
Carol Gardner

Jeanne said...

Carol, I have not seen you for years! I am not sure where or how to contact you. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think I found your sisters blog. She looks the same as ever! Have a great year!!

Christy said...

I really appreciated your comment

"Whatever may lie ahead during 2009, it is always reassuring to know that the Prince of Peace will be right there with me. Nothing takes Him by surprise!

Due to recent events in my life, and the uncertainty of the future...this is a really good thought to have in your mind!!