Monday, January 26, 2009

Fun in January

Our social life is picking up again after the Christmas rush. Andrew has been begging me to have his cousins over for some games, so Friday night I had Chad's kids over. The Sannes boys were also able to come over. We had a great time. The younger ones played Sorry, Lincoln Logs, race tracks, etc. and the rest of us played Pit and Dutch Blitz. We all had a great time!!!! Little John cried when he had to go home.

This evening we went over to the college for a Chinese meal hosted by our cook Ron High Rock aided by Debbie Goodenow who once lived in Taiwan. It was very delicious. They served it in courses. Better than a Chinese restaurant!! We stopped by Mom's for some mint ice cream on the way home. Andrew, Stan, and Mom played Tiddly Winks. Long winter evenings lend themselves to memory making.

2 comments:

Donna "Durfee" Fogle said...

Wow, I'm jelouse, wish I didn't live so far away! Keep up the good work! I love your updates! Makes me feel like I live a little closer.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this update; and now I'm sorry I didn't come back for the Chinese food -- except it was too cold outside and too many WW points. I think the times with family are very, very important! I need to get my grandkids here and play games with them, too. Don't look at the time I wrote this! YIKES!