Saturday, November 22, 2008

Shopping before the Christmas Rush

After spending nine hours overtime this week at the office, I was more than happy to go Christmas shopping today with Mom. Andrew does not always look forward to shopping, but he soon fit right into the mood with us. We started out at Lion and the Lamb right here in Salem and then moved on to Value City in Alliance. They are closing in just four days and had everything 70% off. I did not pick any Christmas gifts up there, but did find some things for baby showers. (I always like to have things tucked away, so that I do not have to make a special trip to town just before a shower.) We then went over to Carnation Mall. I was able to find some things there for people on my list. We did not think our day would be complete without going to Ollies in Canton. I found some really good buys!!! The day was very profitable, and I was able to get gifts for most of the people on my list. The delightful part of Christmas is giving. It is so rewarding when you know that you found that perfect gift for someone special in your life. A bonus--I will not have to shop with the larger crowds next week after Thanksgiving!

No comments: